5 Thoughtful Gift Ideas for Adoptive Parents
Last year my friend Lilly came on DoSayGive’s Instagram stories to share thoughtful “what to do” tips when it comes to loving friends who are in the process of adoption or have recently adopted. She also suggested some thoughtful gift ideas for adoptive parents so we’ve pulled them together in today’s post.
- Photography Session: Every adoptive situation is different but having a photographer present at the hospital or at home to capture those first days can be a wonderful gift. This is similar to the Fresh48 sessions I’ve written about here! For an international adoption, you many consider gifting a photo session at the airport upon their arrival. These moments are a pivotal part of a child’s story and to have them documented would be treasured for years. (This is a great group gift idea, too!)
- Custom Painted Cross Plate: Lilly mentioned that one of her favorite gifts was a “For This Child I have Prayed” plate. You could have Camille’s Creations hand paint the I Samuel verse on this plate.
- Baby Brezza: Ask your friend for her feeding plan and what would be helpful. The Baby Brezza can a game changer for moms using formula!
- Custom Photo Book Gift Certificate: Lilly shared how important is is for a child to know and own their adoption story. A beautiful custom photo book can be a treasured heirloom to tell that story. Artifact Uprising has beautiful books!
- Stork Delivery: A stork delivery is a special tradition that means so much to adoptive moms who may have missed out on other motherhood rights of passage. This is also a fun way for neighbors to find out about the newest arrival if they didn’t know they family was adopting! This might be something you want to ask about before gifting.
We have a beautiful new baby gift guide with ideas for baby! And don’t forget meal trains for adoptive parents! Setting one up would be a thoughtful thing “to do!”
Read more “What to Dos” when it comes to loving friends who are adopting here. And watch our interview with Lilly here.