If you follow DoSayGive on Instagram, then chances are you’ve seen my husband make an appearance every now and then in the kitchen. He loves to cook, but it definitely wasn’t always the case! For years and years he would watch cooking shows but it never clicked — and then one day it was like all that knowledge came spilling out and he was a natural chef. I wish the same would happen to me!
He loves to cook, especially on the weekend, and I’ve had so many of you request recipes after seeing what he’s made. So today, I wanted to share one of our go-to dinners at the house that all the girls love (yes, it’s true…a total miracle)! Better yet, I wanted to not only give you this super-simple recipe but also pair it with a super-simple way of grocery shopping. Enter Walmart+!
This post is sponsored by Walmart. Thanks for supporting the brands I love!
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: Moms and anyone looking to streamline their errands every week, Walmart+ is going to be your new best friend! Not only does Walmart+ offer members free shipping, no order minimum (excludes oversized, freight & Marketplace items), but members also get the benefits of same-day deliveries and total ease of shopping. Just add items to your cart, check out, and relax! And if you need to pop into the store really quick, Walmart+ offers its members a contact-free shopping experience using the mobile scan & go benefit. It’s a total time saver!
And this isn’t just for groceries, but anything and everything you could possibly need — from household items to personal care and gifts. All at the same everyday low prices! Again, whether you’re a parent or a teacher or looking for ways to simplify your daily routine, this will be your new best friend. Click here to get started with your Walmart+ membership today!
This fried rice is one of the most requested recipes from our girls, and we usually have most of the ingredients on hand. But if we don’t, we can quickly order what we need and get it delivered same-day! The beauty of the recipe is how versatile it is. We always use the same base of rice, vegetables (some fresh, some frozen), and chicken broth. Add an egg and any other protein you might like, and you’ve got yourself a delicious family meal that even the pickiest eaters will love. Adults included!
We’ve tried different variations using chicken, beef, and even shrimp — my girls love every single one! Anytime we (and by we, I mean my husband!) decide to make this and we’re missing any of the key ingredients, we can quickly use Walmart+ to easily order everything we need. Scroll down for his recipe!
2 cups white rice (cooked the day before and refrigerated if possible)
2 cups chicken stock
2 cups water
8 tbsp butter
1 large white onion, diced
4 carrots, peeled and diced
1 cup peas, frozen or fresh
4 cloves garlic, chopped
4 green onions, sliced thin
1.5 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
2 eggs, beaten
2 tbsp soy sauce
Salt and pepper
1) Bring chicken stock and water to a boil, add rice, turn down heat to low, cook 20 minutes, refrigerate overnight if possible or at least an hour.
2) Sauté onion and carrot in 1 tbsp of butter, add salt and pepper to taste, until onion becomes translucent, add garlic and cook for another 3 minutes, add peas until heated through, remove from heat and set aside.
3) Add 4 tbsp of butter to a large cast iron pan on medium heat. When melted, add rice and add remaining butter on top of rice and let sit until the bottom has started slightly browning. Flip and let it brown on the bottom again,
4) Stir in toasted sesame seeds and half the green onions.
5) Add back the vegetables and stir to combine.
6) Push everything to the outside of the pan and drop in eggs. Scramble and mix in with rice and vegetables as eggs begin to set.
7) Add soy sauce and let it cook 2 or 3 more minutes.
8) Remove from heat and serve alone or with chicken, steak, and/or shrimp.
Get started with your very own Walmart+ membership today! Membership costs $12.95 per month, or $98 per year and makes it so easy to order everything you need and receive it all as soon as the same day with free delivery from your store (restrictions apply)! The amount of time and energy you save will be absolutely priceless.